Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Treadmill-ing @ Sydney

I had to make a quick fire trip down to Sydney for a couple of days on work and had to settle for running indoors (on the treadmill in the gym) as I had gone to work straight from the airport and by the time I got back in the evening, it was already around 7.30pm or so.

As per my training plan for Monday, i was to run an easy 5k but when i was in the gym, i felt that running 5km (at the easy running pace) would amount to slacking off and so set up to run a fast 7km (i started running at 8.20pm and the gym was going to close at 9pm). After a warm-up inclined walk for about 5 minutes, i started my run. The speed progression over the 7kms was in kph (10,10.5,11,11.5,12,12,10.5), working out to a pace of just over 11kph, and a total running time of 38minutes. Pretty decent run. The next day evening (Tuesday), i was in flight on my way back to Singapore and thankfully i had planned for it to be a rest day which it ended up being! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment