Sunday, April 11, 2010

The last 7 days ...

... have been the worst week for my marathon training. I was abroad for 3.5 of the 7 days when I totally sacked out and didnt do so much as lift a finger towards a fitter me. I came back on Thursday evening and made partial amends by doing a 15km run in 1:40. The next day, Friday (which is always usually a happy day of the week) saw a lil more running with a gentle 8.4 km in the evening in 0:53. Both these runs were totally unenjoyable from a weather standpoint - i cant remember the last time when it was this humid and i was dripping from the end of the first km onwards.

The reason I am unhappy is also due to the fact that my training plan for the entire week has gone off the rails. Although on a total mileage basis I am still on target, it still is irritating to know that I slipped up. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will give me the chance to get back on track.

Till then, happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment