Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Tokyo Marathon experience

Actually i started writing the below very shortly after the Tokyo marathon, and then subsequently never got around to completing it .. i hope to though.

It’s only been 3 days since I ran the Tokyo marathon. Yet the euphoria of the experience is yet to diminish although the severe cold cough that i contracted during/after the race is trying to do just that. Nevertheless i wanted to write this race report while the experience was still fresh in my mind and i can recall most of my fluctuating emotions as i journeyed through the 42.2kms (and a bit more).

Going into the race, i was feeling nervously excited about what was to ensue. This was my first marathon where i was coming to the start line in a half decent physical shape. Yet i had slacked for 2 full months (Nov/Dec 2008) before putting in 2 very decent months of training in Jan and Feb this year. Therefore I saw this race as a fairly decent baseline of my performance at this point in time. My target was to clock between 4:30 and 4:40, both of which I saw as re....

No comments:

Post a Comment